Friday, June 22, 2007

Opera Mini 4

This Browser is a representation of everything the mobile internet can and should be it works very well on any java enabled phone. I have been using it for more than one and a half years. I have to say the newest incarnation is the beta version Opera Mini 4 it is amazing as a beta I really cant imagine what it will be like in its final release.

My first day of using it convinced me that i will not be using Opera 3 anymore. It makes it very easy to navigate sites in parallel and filled in gaps in perception as it went along.

In fact the only things that i have to complain about is nothing new with opera mini, when you install this new opera mini it will have no access to you book marks or feeds, if opera would simply make it so that when you try to save your first book mark or subscribe to your first feed opera should sign you to account and sync your bookmarks and feeds, so when you switch to new versions or upgrade old ones you can have consistent info. The second thing is more me than the browser, my muscle memory wants me to push left and right to get the page to go up and down, so i will need to stop doing that.

You must download and try the beta, it will not install over your old opera they can co exist. When you do you will agree with me how visually stunning it is. They must have re-worked the entire rendering engine because it looks beyond amazing.

No comments: